Pg. 46 The Tabulation in the previous excerpt is simply an outline. We shall employ it later and add further columns to it. What we have to say will have the following synthesis of structure behind it:
1. The Soul. (Seeking to express itself through the concrete mind, MDB)
2. The subtler bodies of the mind and the emotions which are simply qualified energy centers.
3. The etheric body with its seven major centers of force.(It also receives impacts from the consciousness of the masses, environment, as well as from the subtle bodies & the soul) Mdb)
4. The endocrine system, which is an effect of the seven centers, and the determining controlling factor in the physical body of man. (It affects man’s CHARACTER. Mdb)
5. The nervous system in its three divisions. (It is the outer expression of the inner, vital network of the etheric or vital body. The dense physical is a reflection of it. Mdb)
6. The blood stream. (It carries all the energies of the endocrine, nervous and etheric systems. MdB)
All the subsidiary organs of man are effects. They are not predetermining causes. The determining causes in man and that which makes him what he is, are the GLANDS. They are the externalizations of the types of force pouring through the etheric centers from the subtler worlds of being. They express the point in evolution which the man has reached. They are vital and active or non-vital and inactive, according to the condition of the centers. (This is so important.mdb)
Again, the process of control may be stated to be via the nervous system; the close interlocking directorate of the nervous system, the brain and the blood stream (as a carrier of the life principle) governs the activities of the man—conscious, sub-conscious, self-conscious, and finally super-conscious. The 3 centers in supreme control today for the majority are:
1. The ajna center, the center between the eyebrows.
2. The solar plexus.
3. The sacral center.
Eventually, when man will have “become that which he is”, the centers of control will be:
1. The head center, the brahmarandra.
2. The heart center
3. The center at the base of the spine
Between the present and the future, the emphasis will be laid on a constantly shifting triplicity. The conditions will be different for each man, according to the condition of his centers, the glands, and the diseases, inhibitions and difficulties to which his flesh will fall heir. The three most important aspects of all diagnoses are:
1. The psychological
2. The work of the endocrinologist.
3. The physician, who taking into consideration the conclusions of the two above experts, diagnoses the disease and treats it in collaboration with the other two.
These three may call in other experts and specialist in electro-therapy, osteopathy and chiropractic….Electricity, in relation to human ills, is as yet an infant science, but it has in it the germs of the new methods of healing.
Pgs. 48-49 Disease emerges into the physical body from the world of the unseen, and from the use, or misuse, of the subtler forces on the inner planes (discordant thoughtforms, fear, worry, depressions hatreds, etc.Mdb). Disease can be generally regarded as due to the following causes:
1. Individual disease, due to interior conditions in a man’s own equipment, to his mental state or to an emotional condition. This is inherited from the past.
2. Disease inherent in humanity as a whole. There are certain diseases to which all men are prone. The germs of these diseases are latent in the physical vehicles of the majority of men, only awaiting predisposing conditions in order to manifest. They might be regarded as group diseases.
3. Diseases which are accidental from some infectious or contagious complaint.
4. Disease inherent in the soil. The earth is impregnated with disease germs which take their toll of the vegetable, animal and human kingdoms manifesting differently in each. (That’s why cremation is recommended & we have to be aware of our thoughts Mdb)
In the astral (emotional) vehicle of expression there are the correspondences of the seven centers in the etheric body. Each of them is expressive of one of the SEVEN RAY ENERGIES.
(The 7 ray energies emanate from the seven Planetary Logoi (Gods) who are the 7 centers or chakras in the body of the Lord of our SOLAR System. We are made in God’s image. We are a microcosm MdB)
The centers that express these seven ray types are as follows:
CENTRE RAY QUALITY ORIGIN
Head Centre 1st The Divine Will Monadic
Ajna Centre 7th Organization Direction Atmic
Heart Centre 2nd Love-Wisdom, group love Buddhic
Throat Centre 5th Creativity Mental
Solar Plexus 6th Emotion. Desire Astral
Sacral Centre 3rd Reproduction Etheric
Base of Spine 4th Harmony, Union through Physical
(Many references will be made to Atma, Buddhi, and Manas. They are the 3 aspects, known as the Spiritual Triad. They are the threefold expression of the Monad, (the divine Self, the fragment of the Boundless. It is said that Pythagoras referred to the Monad as “god”. Atma represents the Will or Father aspect, Buddhi, the Love-Wisdom or the Son aspect and Manas represents the Mind principle and in the Christian religion it would be the Holy Ghost. They will eventually express as the Spiritual Soul. Just as deity expresses through a trinity, so the PERSONALITY also expresses through a trinity: the etheric, astral and mental vehicles. It is a reflection of the Spiritual Triad or Spiritual Soul. MdB)
Pg. 50 On the ASTRAL plane of consciousness there will also be found in every ASTRAL body 7 corresponding focal points through which energy can enter, raying forth then, into the vital centers in the etheric physical body . These 7 types of force produce both good and bad effects, according to the QUALITY of the negative dense physical body. (this is why a vegetarian diet is recommended. Through meditation the rate of vibration of the cells can be raised. As our vehicles are more refined through purity in life with right thoughts & emotions, the dire effects of the malefic planets will be diminished. MDB)
Pg. 52 The tabulation above set forth is a generalization and only a partial listing of the types of disease. Bear in mind that every human being is basically an expression of five ray forces:
1. The ray of the soul,
2. The ray of the personality,
3. The ray governing the mental body,
4. The ray governing the astral or emotional equipment,
5. The ray of the physical nature.
The ASTRAL FORCES that express through the personality are more POTENT. The soul forces are faintly indicated except in disciples and initiates. (Initiations are taken as the consciousness of man develops to a certain degree. Spiritual studies help to expand the consciousness as well as meditation & service. MDB.)
Pg.53 Desire, Inhibited or Rampant.
The astral plane is a center of dynamic emanating force, which is fundamentally CONDITIONING in its effect because of the stage of the individual consciousness of the majority. Men are swayed by the impulse of DESIRE of a high or low caliber. This is a broad generalization which is becoming steadily modified by impulses coming from the mental plane. Impulses from the soul are also becoming present. Here is the third of the Laws governing the sacred art of healing:
Pg. 54 LAW III.
Diseases are an effect of the basic centralization of a man’s life energy. From the plane whereon those energies are focused, proceed those determining conditions which produce ill health, and which, therefore work out as disease or as freedom from disease.
A shift of the MENTAL ATTITUDE of the patient can and will produce either real freedom from physical ills or an intensification of those reactions which produce discomfort, disease or death.
The following should form the basis of your reflection:
1. Disease is the result of the blocking of the free flow of the life of the SOUL.
2. It is the product, or the result of three influences:
a. Ancient error, emanating from the past history of the person involved.
b. Human taints, inherited because one is a member of the human family.
c. Planetary evil, imposed upon all forms on earth by the basic condition, and by time.
3. It is conditioned by the forces emanating from that plane whereon a man’s consciousness is primarily centered.