6. The NADIS correspond to the LIFE OR SPIRIT aspect. The nerves are the correspondence to the soul or quality aspect. That which demonstrates as their united externalization is the endocrine system which corresponds to the form or matter aspect. These three are the material correspondences to the 3 divine aspects. They are esoterically responsive to these three aspects and they make the man what he is. These three groups are themselves conditioned via the 7 centers, by the astral or mental vehicles OR by the integrated personality OR by the soul, and at the close of the Path of Discipleship…..by the Monad, via the antahkaarana, using that self- created path (between higher mind and lower mind. Mdb) as a direct channel of communication to the 7 centers and from there to the threefold system of nadis, nerves and glands.
7. These 3 great systems express the state of development of the centers. Their energies are conveyed to every part of the physical vehicle via the blood stream. The next great move in medicine will be to recognize the relationship of the glands to the centers with the intermediate systems of nadis and nerves and the fact that the etheric body underlies dense matter.
8. When the centers are awakened throughout the body, there will then be present a highly electric nervous system, responsive with immediacy to the energy carried by the nadis. The result of this will be a well-balanced endocrine system. The physical body will be resistant to disease.
9. Today as there is uneven development, with some centers unawakened, others overstimulated, and with the centers below the diaphragm overactive, you have consequently, whole areas of the body where the nadis are in an embryonic state, other areas where they are highly energized but with their flow arrested because some center along the path of their activity is still unawakened, or, if awakened, is still non-radiatory. These uneven conditions produce potent effects upon the nervous system and upon the glands, leading to overstimulation in some cases, subnormal conditions in others, lack of vitality, overactivity and other undesirable reactions which produce disease. Such diseases either arise from within the body itself as the result of indigenous or hereditary tendencies or they arise as a result of the radiation or non-radiation of the centers which work through the nadis. They can also arise as a result of external contact such as infectious diseases. (the Tibetan says the practice of HARMLESSNESS will unclog the channels.mdb)
10. To sum all up: Disease, physical disability of any kind (except those due to accidents and to planetary conditions inducing epidemics of a virulent nature, such as WAR often produces), and the many differing aspects of ill health can be directly traced to the condition of the centers, as they determine the activity or the non-activity of the nadis. These, in their turn, affect the nervous system, making the endocrine system what it is in the individual man, and the blood stream is responsible for this condition reaching every part of the body. (the endocrine system affects character. Mdb)
Effects Produced in Specific Areas
It is the working of the QUALITY of the energy upon the body which induces, stimulates, removes or palliates disease. I am not here referring to the 3 major indigenous diseases:---syphilis, cancer, and tuberculosis. With these I will deal later, because they are planetary in scope, present in the SUBSTANCE of which all forms are made. They are responsible for producing a host of lesser diseases which are sometimes recognized as affiliates but are frequently not so known. (This is why bodies should be cremated and not buried. Mdb)
The ajna center between the eyebrows is the organ of the integrated personality and is closely related to the pituitary body and the two eyes, as well as all the frontal areas of the head.
Pg. 200 The goal today is that of the fusion of the soul and the personality. Speaking in terms of energy, this involves the related interplay of the following triangles of force:
I. 1. The soul, the spiritual man on his own plane of consciousness.
2. The personality, the threefold integrated man in the 3 worlds.
3. The head center.
III 1. The pineal gland, the externalization of the head center.
2. The pituitary body, related to the ajna center.
3. The carotid gland, the externalization of the third head center.
All these triplicities, present within the circumference of the head, constitute the mechanism through which:
The spinal column (esoterically, the ida, pingala and sushumna channels), the two eyes and the total brain tissue are stimulated by or non-receptive to these energies in the head. In the latter case, the entire area is in a quiescent state, spiritually speaking and the focus of the energy is elsewhere.
This deficiency or this stimulation, if unbalanced or if misapplied, will produce some definite type of trouble, frequently of a physiological nature as well as psychological. In our Aryan times (we are now in the 5th sub-race of the 4th root race . The first two sub-races were not really human as we know it. The 3rd was the Lemurian race and the 4th was the Atlantean race. Mdb) we shall see an increasing amount of diseases of the brain (a constantly increasing mental imbalance) and of eye difficulties, until the nature of the centers and the type of incoming force and their regulation are recognized and scientifically studied.
The spinal column is primarily intended to be the channel through which the energizing of the centers and the distribution of energy is carried forward by the integrated personality, acting under the CONSCIOUS direction of the soul. I do not refer to the bony structure of the spinal column, but to the cord, its esoteric counterpart, and to the nerves which issue from the spine. Today this directed esoteric control of energy is NOT present. There are inhibitions, blockages, unawakened areas, deficiency of vitality and consequent lack of development within the whole man; or else there is too much stimulation, a premature awakening of the centers, leading to the over-activity of the atoms and cells governed by any particular center. All these conditions affect the nervous system, condition the glands and produce psychological difficulty and disease in some form or another.
The following is a symbolic diagram of the spinal column, and the head, looking at both from
the angle of the centers and the glands. (as the consciousness expands and the centers are functioning, the web between the centers dissolves. This gives us continuity of consciousness. We can recall the events that occurred while asleep, when we awake.mdb)