The result of the inflow of high energies is that the processes set in motion by the Technique of Integration are completed and the rays of the lower man are welded into the Personality Ray. This itself is later blended with the egoic ray. The rays of the triple lower nature then form one single avenue through which the soul and later the energy of spirit can contact the larger Whole. When the Techniques of Integration and Fusion have done their work, this spiritual Identity can work in service to humanity. This brings the disciple to the period wherein the third initiation can be taken. Though duality is emphasized, it is a duality which produces merging. Man is then viewed as a duality of spirit and matter. Let us for a moment consider the Technique of fusion. The keynotes to the three techniques are: First ray. . . .Isolated Unity; Second ray. . . . Inclusive Reason. Third ray . . . Presented attributes.
Let me elucidate each of the appropriate phrase for man's ray.
ISOLATED UNITY is that stage of consciousness which sees the whole as one and regards itself as identified with that whole. It is a whole which is "isolated" in the consciousness of the man, and not the man himself who regards himself as isolated. The word "unity" expresses his relationship to the whole. The result of meditation on this is:
1. A definite illumination of the mind. It will then be at-one with the Universal Mind. The Plans of God will stand revealed to him.
2. The creative imagination will be evoked and methods of cooperation will be sentiently developed. The disciple will become a creative cooperator.
3. His life will then be inspired by the desire to serve humanity and to cooperate with the Custodians of the Plan. This will bring in the full tide of soul life, producing temporarily a violent conflict between the personality ray and the soul ray, but also producing a subordination of the minor to the major.
We are dealing with that stage of development wherein the man is consciously merged with the soul and that soul, in meditation, decides, plans and works.
This particular technique of meditation involves the use of the head center, demands the ability to focus the consciousness in the soul form, and at the same time, to preserve soul consciousness, mind consciousness and brain consciousness. When this state of awareness has been achieved, the disciple becomes invincible.
INCLUSIVE REASON, produces that divine capacity which enables the detail of the sensed Whole to be grasped in entirety. The living structure as it expresses ideas, the intricate beauty of he inner relationships within the expressing Whole, the circulation of the energy which is working out the divine Idea, the points of force which act as light stations within that Whole—all these stand revealed to the man who is permitted, as a soul, to meditate upon such a phrase as inclusive reason. The reason here referred to is that pure intuitional infallible comprehension which grasps cause and effect simultaneously and sees why and whence and to what end all things are moving.
The result of using this meditation on the synthetic detail of the manifested Life is:
1. The realization of the true significance of Light and the meaning of "the heart of the Sun", which is the inner point of life in all manifested forms. Illumination of the mind will be seen to be direct and will usurp the present theoretical knowledge.
2. The creative imagination will be occupied with those measures which through the light into the dark places in the (as yet) incomplete creative process. The man then works consciously in the light.
3. This produces an intensified service to "those in dark places". The disciple will bring the light of knowledge to them first of all, and then the light of Life.
PRESENTED ATTRIBUTES may appear to you a more simple phrase upon which to meditate. Perhaps this apparent simplicity may be due to your failure to comprehend the meaning of the word "attribute". The third ray meditation concerns itself with the inherent forces. It is with these slowly emerging energies that the man ready for initiation, will have to become increasingly aware. He has to learn to occupy himself with the task of cooperating with those great Lives Who, working on formless levels, are busy with the development of an inner and as yet unrealized development within the Whole, and which can only be sensed by those on or nearing the Path of Initiation. The four minor rays are concerned with the attributes which are slowly coming into expression: knowledge, synthesis, beauty, science, idealism and order But there are others, held in latency for the proper time and these are the theme of this higher meditation. Only those who have freed themselves from the thralldom of the senses can truly thus meditate. The attributes of Deity might be divided into three main groups:
1. Expressing Attributes – Those which are steadily emerging, of which we are becoming conscious and which will constitute the major qualities and attributes of the 4th kingdom in nature, when the evolutionary cycle has done its work.
2. Presented Attributes – those which have presented themselves to the consciousness of the advanced disciple, which are as yet not capable of interpretation nor can they be comprehended by average human beings, but which are attributes of the kingdom of Souls, and which will distinguish that kingdom in its final stages.
3. Undefined Attributes are those of which the Christ, the planetary Logos and Those great Lives of Whose consciousness we can have no conception are becoming aware. (Ponder on this).
Those attributes which cannot express themselves until the soul is consciously known, could be illustrated through attention to the word LOVE. It has taken 2000 years for this attribute to take even the form it has in the consciousness of the human family. Those of us who are students of world affairs well know how unknown real love is. Love is the presented attribute which is at this time working into manifestation. Wisdom began to emerge in the time of Buddha. Synthesis is another of the presented attributes and is only now making its appeal for recognition. Revealers of divine attributes as are Plato, the Buddha or Christ differ from other Avatars. They are focal points through which a new presented attribute can emerge as a thought form. These Avatars are possessed by the attribute. They are used to "anchor" the attribute in human consciousness.
The result of using this meditation on the presented attributes will be:
1. The attributes already expressing themselves somewhat will achieve an intensified livingness in the daily life-expression of the disciple and in the lives of all whom he may touch. Just as the meditation on Inclusive Reason opens the way to the "heart of the Sun", so this meditation brings in certain agencies and forces from the "central spiritual Sun". These energies find their focal point through the medium of some revealing agent.
2. This theme opens up a wide range wherein the creative imagination can roam. The purer the agent, the better should be the functioning of the imagination. By its means, subtle divine attributes can be presented to the minds of men. This involves the higher sensitivity, power to respond intuitionally, intellectual ability to interpret that which is sensed, focussed attention in order to "bring down" into manifestation the new potentiality of the divine nature and an organized stability and purity of life.
3. This use of the creative imagination will appear to you immediately as constituting, in itself, a definite field of service. Of this service, the highest of which you can known anything is that of the Group of Contemplatives, connected with the inner planetary Hierarchy, Who are called Nirmanakayas in the ancient books. They are entirely occupied with the task of sensing and with the endeavor to express the presented attributes . Those of you who are occupied with the effort to make soul quality expressed factors in your lives are beginning to perform a task somewhat similar to that of the Divine contemplatives.
I have given enough information on which deeply to think. I have pointed out a goal which is impossible of achievement as yet, but one which leads eventually to that assured faith which is based upon direct knowledge and vision. I have briefly indicated the triple techniques of Integration, Fusion and duality and have shown you how, by means of them, the three rays of the Personality, the Ego and the Monad can be fused until Deity, is revealed and from a materialized Triplicity only an eventual Unity can be seen. We will next take up some of the problems of Psychology, studying them from the angle of the soul.
Some Problems of Psychology
The major science today is Psychology. It holds the fate of humanity in its grasp. If rightly developed it has the power to save the race. The reason for its usefulness lies in the fact that it lays the emphasis upon the relation of the unit to the whole, to the environment and contacts. It studies man's equipment and apparatus of such contact and seeks to produce right adaptation and the release of the individual to a life of fulfillment and service. Some of the difficulties of the many schools of Psychology are based on their failure to relate the many points of view to each other. The failure of education today to take into consideration the whole man, a central point of consciousness and a determining factor within the mechanism of the one who must be helped to adapt himself to his life condition—this above all else is responsible for much of the trouble.
Organized relation has, alas, much to answer for, because of its fanatical emphasis upon doctrinal pronouncements and its penalization of those who fail to accept such dicta has served to stultify the human approach to God. When right education and right religion (which is the culture of the sense of divinity) and right scientific unfoldment (which is the correct appreciation of the form or forms through which the subjective life of divinity is revealing itself) can be brought into right relation to each other, we shall then have men and women trained in all parts of their natures. They will then be citizens of the kingdom of souls.